Stop doing these Feng Shui mistakes as it will only bring misfortune and struggle into your life. Therefore, a comprehensive list has been made to show you what NOT to do. Unquestionably, it will help to understand and avoid pitfalls that can bring bad luck with it. On the other hand, it will improve your overall luck a lot more. Who wouldn’t like this, right?
1. Use the wrong Bagua Map
All in all, it is all too common that most of the
2. Place a Water Features (Fountain) into the wrong Place
In Black Hat Feng Shui it is told that the South-East Corner is your Money-Corner. For the good energy to be activated it needs a water feature such as a fountain or a Waterfall Painting.
Stop right here! In Classical Feng Shui your money corners can be located anywhere inside the home. To activate a water feature in the wrong
It is important to realize that a home can have up to FOUR different money corners. The star energy from the Classical Bagua Map (Lo Shu Magic Square) will tell where to look for.
If a water feature is placed in the correct area, it can be very powerful to you. On the negative side, if placed wrong it can make things worse. In case you start to notice that life became unstable with a lot of hick-ups, please turn the water feature off. The chance that negative energy was activated is high in such cases.
Finally, avoid placin
3. To Apply Enhancements to the wrong Energy Sector
Each Flying Star has a different Element (Water, Fire ..) which one needs to be aware of. Let’s assume that in the 5/2 Star Section (above Map) you add more Earth Elements such clay pots to it. This will further enhance the negative Energy, as 5/2 are both considered a
4. Apply the Cures & Enhancements Not Right Away
Most of the times, the implementation of the Feng Shui cures are not done right away. If you do it by yourself or got our Feng Shui Audit done, a step by step approach is often noticed by us. We strongly advise against this method, as it will not work well.
If only part of the house is remedied, all good energy is not enhanced to its fullest potential. On the other hand, bad energy still exist with its full power to attack. To summarize, once you are ready to apply the Feng Shui placements do it without delay.
5. Do Feng Shui Placements Just Once
Please do not think that the first placement works forever inside the house. As the star energies do move year by year, adjustments are needed on an annual basis. Even though complete cure/remedy placements were done in a proper way, many of you keep forgetting over time that more work is needed. A common believe we hear many times is that it will work
6. Follow the Black Hat Feng Shui
No doubt, that the very popular westernized version of Feng Shui is easy to apply. May I ask, if you have looked up the meaning of “Black Hat” in a
7. To Think that the Front Door is always the Facing of the Home
If you get told that your front door is always considered the home facing direction, be aware as this is not always correct. Many times, the facing of the house is different. Please, read: “Feng Shui Facing Direction”
8. Give Wrong Advice to Friends / Family
If you are a not a properly trained Classical Feng Shui Consultant, please don’t try to give any advice to friends or family. There are so many exemptions to the rule. On the internet over 90% of the information is incorrect. How can you be certain if it is correct or not? Before you harm a loved-one, step back and refuse. Remember, you might have to take responsibility if things go wrong.
9. The Size of the Cure does Matter
In Feng Shui, the bigger and heavier the cure items, the better it is. If you have an inauspicious star in an area, a small lucky talisman or coin will not help to neutralize the energy. On the opposite side, if one like to enhance the luck to its greatest, place big objects in the area. Without reservation, luck and prosperity will be with you.
10. Feng Shui only works in combination with your personal actions
There are 3 different kind of lucks that decide our destiny. Feng Shui, our Earth-Luck, will only work if your personal actions (Mankind-Luck) do align. To illustrate better, your personal actions need to have the will for a change. If you like to stay healthy, eat good and avoid junk food.
Even if the best energy exists in your kitchen, Feng Shui will not work. Feng Shui can help to find better quality food or other ways to improve your health. Please do not rely solely on Feng Shui without a personnel change from your side.
11. Take a Wrong Compass Reading
A compass reading should be done either by yourself or by a Feng Shui Consultant. Please do not rely on google map or other online resources. In order for the reading to be most accurate, go to your home facing direction. Step 1 -2 meters away from the house and look out for any metal inference. Read more “How a Feng Shui Compass Reading is Done correctly”
12. To Think that Feng Shui is the Holy Grail
It has to be remembered that a bad house remains the same. Even the best Feng Shui cures cannot help if major structural issues do exist. To demonstrate, if a big cell phone tower is next to your house, the energy will transmit night and day into the house. There is no Feng Shui cure that is so powerful to overcome such a big obstacle.
13. Apply the Bagua Map to your Garden Area
It is important to realize that the Feng Shui Flying Star can be only applied inside the home. It is not suitable for outdoors like the garden. The most compelling evidence lies in the fact that energy moves and reacts in a different way on the outside. The over 2000 years old Form School in Feng Shui should be asked for correct garden design. You will find the most question and concerns answered if one follows its rules.
14. To face the door with your back
It does not matter if it is the home office, the study desk, or the dining room table, try always to face toward the door. If you sit with your back toward the door, unexpected events can happen which can take you by surprise. Also, more good Qi Energy flow will come to you.
15. To Place a Mirror that Faces the Bed
In ancient China, it is believed once we fall asleep our spirit leaves the body. Once it sees itself in a mirror, a shock is
16. Avoid Poison Arrows (Sharp Objects)
Regardless if it is inside or outside of the home, try to avoid anything that is sharp in its form. The “Poison Arrows” create negative energy which can harm you. Try to smoothen or block them as needed. To illustrate, it is like a sharp knife that hits you over and over again. No doubt, that this can be helpful.
17. Wrong Use of the Bagua Mirror
In case a Bagua Mirror needs to be installed, it should always be on the outside of the home. Never ever think about it to place it indoors. The most common place is above the door or a window. The Mirror reflects the Early Heaven Trigram which says to guard and protect you from bad Sha Qi Energy. Although the mirror looks nice as a home accessory, it is very harmful if placed indoors. A common myth says that the mirror is the almighty protector against bad energy. This is not true. For that reason, other measures needs to be taken and considered to protect the home against bad energy influences.
18. Different Floors throughout the House
In Feng Shui, the Universal Ta Ji is considered as Heaven, Man, Earth. The home reflects the Earth aspect, which needs to be stable and solid. Different kind of flooring creates a loss of the strength
19. Feng Shui should never cause Chaos / Conflict
Feng Shui Master Joey Yap wrote in his blog a great example of what Not to do. A person approached him to rescue his marriage. What happened was that a Feng Shui Consultant told this man to separate the bedrooms. He and his wife are in different Groups (East / West – 8 Mansion Theory). The wife threatened to stop cooking and lost total faith in Feng Shui.
It is important to realize how not a Feng Shui research or Audit should end up. Of cause, no home will be ever perfect – this is based on the Yin & Yang Theory of the Universe. We just have to find a suitable solution that works for all.
20. Paint the Bedroom in a Strong Color
The bedroom is a place to rest and is mainly Yin based. For a good night
21. Keep your Own Decorating Style
Do not transform your home into an Asian Temple, unless you like the style. Feng Shui can be applied to any home regardless of the culture or decoration style. It is not necessary to have Chinese Luck Symbols placed all over the home. Anything that takes care of the 5-Elements will do the job.
22 – 26. Wrong Bed Placement
Here are some guidelines for the bed and how to place it the correct way:
- Never let your feet face straight toward the door. This sleep direction is considered the “Death-Position”
- Have a solid wall behind the bed. It gives you stability in life. If this is not possible, have at least a solid headboard.
- Do not sleep under a wall slope or beam, since it will create pressure in your life
- Avoid that the bathroom door faces the bed. In this case, sickness and health issue can develop
- Likewise, the bed should never be placed on a toilet or kitchen wall as health issue do arise.
27. Paint the Front Door in Red or other Bright Colors
In Flying Star, we have to worry about the annual and monthly stars. In case a not so auspicious star visits the front door, the color red can further enhance bad luck. With this in mind, our advi
28 – 32 Avoid these Kitchen Mistakes
The kitchen is where your health is generated. Of course, good food means that your body health is great at all times:
- Keep at least 60 cm between the stove and the fridge. It avoids a clash between the Water and Fire Element
- Do never paint the kitchen wall in red or have red cabinets. This will further enhance the Element of Fire
- Not to mention to have never the kitchen in the center or in the Northwest section of the home. Since the center is the heart of all, it will create bad luck for everybody. Next, “The Father-Area” (Metal-Element) is in the Northwest. If Fire is added to metal, then it will melt it. With this in mind, the result is strugglin
gfor the father at work and at home.
- If the Main Door faces the Kitchen stove, then the incoming Qi-Energy will be destroyed by strong Fire (Stove). Add a divider screen or a big piece of furniture to block it
- A Toilet should not face the Kitchen as this brings health issues with it
Yes, there are so many rules that need to be taken into consideration to do a Home Feng Shui the correct way. In case you need professional help, you can always choose from one of our affordable Feng Shui Audit packages.